Photos

 


Photos elicit memories.  

When you teach, you bring your whole self into the classroom.  By the end of the year, my students have a really good sense of who I am and what I do.  They know a lot about me.  It is impossible to not bring your family into the classroom.

Every year my students want to meet my wife, Mrs. Colton to them and my two sons, Jackson and Aidan.  It is a huge thrill when I bring them in and my family always feels like they are celebrities to the students.

This photo was taken when my wife came in right before holiday break to work with the students on a holiday craft.  They were so excited to meet her and loved participating in the activity.

It is so important as teachers, that we get to know the families of our students.  It is also important that our students get to know our families too.


Las fotos evocan recuerdos.

Cuando enseñas, traes todo tu ser al salón de clases. Al final del año, mis estudiantes tienen un muy buen sentido de quién soy y lo que hago. Ellos saben mucho sobre mí. Es imposible no traer a su familia al salón de clases.

Todos los años, mis alumnos quieren conocer a mi esposa, la Sra. Colton, ya mis dos hijos, Jackson y Aidan. Es una gran emoción cuando los traigo y mi familia siempre siente que son celebridades para los estudiantes.

Esta foto fue tomada cuando mi esposa llegó justo antes de las vacaciones para trabajar con los estudiantes en una manualidad festiva. Estaban muy emocionados de conocerla y les encantó participar en la actividad.

Es tan importante como maestros, que lleguemos a conocer a las familias de nuestros estudiantes. También es importante que nuestros estudiantes conozcan a nuestras familias también.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What We Learned From Baby George...

Work With Young People In An Online Enviornment

Aidan's Cell Phone