Summertime. Lots of time, but no time.


I am a 4th grade teacher.  I have been happily married for over twenty years and have two teenage boys and a dog named Jagger (he is a rescue).  I came to teaching after over twenty years in the field of marketing, so I still hang onto a few side-hustles that I enjoy doing for some extra money.  I enjoy music, sports, horror movies, tons of television binges, talk radio and craft beer.

Summertime for a teacher...  The summer is always nice and long, but never long enough.  This summer will be a busy one.  My main summer job, which is working for Live Nation at Xfinity Center as a VIP Supervisor takes up a lot of time.  With 40+ shows this summer, there are many nights that are accounted for.  Spending time with my two boys, Jackson and Aidan, is the true centerpiece of the next couple of months, but I expect at 15 and 13, they won't want to spend quite as much time with me as they used to.  I also have a job with the Providence Public School Department to help build American Reading Company curriculum which will take up a number of hours this summer.  I also have my work with Altered Reality Entertainment (Rhode Island Comic Con and Colorado Springs Comic Con) to keep me busy.  Finally, the family will be taking a couple of small trips to get away, to Western MA to see James Taylor on July 4th at Tanglewood and a quick visit to NYC to visit with family and see the sights.  The summer is packed in real tight, but I am looking forward to working, learning and enjoying my time differently than during the school year. 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What We Learned From Baby George...

Work With Young People In An Online Enviornment

Aidan's Cell Phone